Note: this project is abandoned.
This project is for interfacing the archos jukebox to the sony car radios having the cd/md changer feature. These are also called Head Unit or HU.
The project relies on 2 other freeware projects that I have (or will) modify to achieve my goals:
- The Rockbox project is a freeware replacement for the original archos firmware. It has lots of great features.
- The GNUnilink project is a free microcontroler based implementation of a sony cd changer emulation using the sony unilink protocol.
The project is now fully fonctionnal and is in my car since june 2004
NEWS: major bugs were corrected, and GNUnilink now works on HU with internal CD. Tested on sony CDX-MP40 and CDX-C880R. (rev 21)
- Full control of the rockbox, all archos buttons mapped to HU keys so all rockbox features are accessible from the HU (except for key combination)
- Rockbox LCD display is reproduced on the HU. Only for archos players for the moment. The recorder version is being actually written by devro. Stay tuned.
- Rockbox talking features for the blinds are also working for the drivers
- Automatic archos power on and off requiring absolutly no intervention during car ignition and shutdown.